The late owner/Chef of Lobster Pool Tom Tedesco discovered one day that he had the wrong item delivered – a case of 8-inch tortillas. Instead of sending them back he created his own version of a quesadilla with what he specializes in – seafood. It is a very tasty combination of boiled lobster, scallops and shrimp poached in white wine and herbs, and several other ingredients such as a 3-cheese blend, chopped scallions for a little extra bite and his own roasted red peppers. Even though this dish, which Tom shows you how you can make it at home, was the result of a delivery mistake it became an instant hit on their menu and they have served it ever since.
2 8" tortillas
2 cups 3-cheese blend
1 red onion, sautéed in butter
1 roasted red pepper, diced
fresh parsley, chopped
fresh tarragon, chopped
4 ounces fresh shrimp
4 ounces scallops
4 ounces lobster meat, boiled
1 cup white wine
sea salt to taste
fresh ground pepper to taste
1/4 cup salsa
1/4 cup sour cream
1. Dice red onion, roasted red pepper, scallions, fresh tarragon and fresh parsley
2. In 4 quart sauce pan, add 2- ½ quarts of water, add 1 cup of white wine. Add parsley and tarragon and bring to a boil. Poach shrimp and scallops.
3. Sauté red onions in butter.
4. Heat tortilla in a sauté pan and place in pie tin.
5. Spread 3-cheese blend, top with scallops, shrimp and lobster meat.
6. Top with scallions and roasted red peppers. Salt and pepper to taste. Top with 3-cheese blend.
7. Heat 2nd Tortilla in sauté pan and place on top.
8. In 500 degree oven for 7 minutes.
9. Plate, quarter, and sprinkle with fresh parsley. Add sides and serve.
Courtesy of The Lobster Pool Restaurant, 2010.