This is a very simple recipe and not as dramatic a presentation compared to Baked Stuffed Lobster but provides much of the same taste. You can use lobster meat from a boiled lobster (either hot or cold) or buy the lobster meat from a fish store or supermarket. The secret is in the stuffing, and also to be sure to heat the dish in such a way that the meat does not become overcooked.
Lobster Pie Ingredients:
1 to 1 ¼ lb. cooked lobster meat
6 to 8 tablespoons melted butter, unsalted
1 to 2 cups Gloucester House Lobster Stuffing (see Gloucester House Family Recipe below)
Stuffing Ingredients (makes 4 1/2 cups):
3 cups bread crumbs
1 cup of Ritz crackers, crushed
¼ cup Parmesan Cheese
2 tablespoons granulated garlic
¼ cup fresh chopped flat leaf parsley
3 tablespoons butter
3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
(Mix together and store in refrigerator)
1. Optional: Prepare cooked lobster meat by heating in a skillet with 2 to 3 tablespoons of the butter, being careful not to overcook.
2. Place lobster meat in a casserole dish.
3. Cover with 1 to 2 cups of the lobster stuffing.
4. If using cold meat, heat oven to 400 degrees and heat for 10 to 15 minutes.
5. If using heated meat, either from skillet or from a fresh boiled lobster, heat oven to 450 degrees and heat for 4 to 5 minutes.
Recipe Courtesy of The Gloucester House Restaurant, 2009.